Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Another Summer, Another Adventure

It has become tradition near the end of the school year that rather than people asking, "what are you doing this summer?" they ask "where are you headed this summer?"  Yes, it is no great secret that the travel bug lives constantly inside of me, egging me on and pushing me to new places.  I know that I am very fortunate to have a job that I love that allows for long stretches of time off that allow for this "bug" to be fed.

A few years ago, inspired by my travel buddy, and fellow Fulbrighter, Niki, I made a goal to see all 50 states as well as 50 countries by the time I reach 50 years of age.  After adding several countries to my list last summer, I believe I now stand at 35 countries, but only 32 states.  So, what does that mean?  Well of course, it is time to add to the count of states!

Thankful, as ever, to have my travel partner, Jessica excited to reach this goal as well, we decided this year to keep our feet on solid ground and travel through the Northeast of our own country.  When people have asked what part of it am I going to see, I simply say, "all of it."  Yes, of course I know that we will miss a multitude of beautiful, historical and significant spots, but Jessica and I are hoping to see and do as much as we can in the Northeast over the weeks that follow.


When will we return?  Well, I must start work on August 1st, so I know it will be before then, but more specifically than that, I do not know.  Those are the joys of a road trip with the freedom of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment