Friday, June 27, 2014

Epic Road Trip

Last year, during the 2012-2013 school year, I had the incredible opportunity to teach abroad in England as a Fulbright Teacher Exchange. I taught an American Studies class to middle schoolers, teaching them history, polititics, geography, food and pop culture. In one lesson, I invited the students to create their own road trip around the USA. I gave them maps, printed out brochures and told them about interesting places. It was then that I realized there was a whole lot of my own country I wanted to see.

So, after years of traveling abroad, I've decided to spend this July seeing a bit of my home country and discovering the many beautiful treasures that she holds.

I've found a great app and website (Roadtrippers) that has allowed me to put in key places I want to see in the country (Mt. Rushmore, Glacier National Park, Seattle, Portland, Arches National Park and Santa Fe) then guides me to good routes and other treasures along the way that I may want to discover. The more I explore what our country has to offer, the more I add to my map!




I am so excited to be embarking on this #dreamroadtrip to explore my home country!

No comments:

Post a Comment