Sunday, June 4, 2017

Packing

I am not a light packer. It's simply is not in my nature. Going to and from school each day makes it look like I could be moving back and forth for a weekend. Going to the lake for a long weekend fills my trunk. And traveling abroad (or domestically!) typically means stuffing the largest suitcase I could find with all items I deem essential. My "what-if" nature takes over as I pack two of everything in case one, you know, disintegrates as so frequently happens.

Often, as I am lugging the suitcase that weighs the same as many of my fourth graders up a narrow staircase, typically cursing under my breath, a traveler walks past with just bag on her back and politely glides right past me. My usual response is one of frustration and anger, but also of astonishment, wonder and jealousy.

Jessica and I were absolutely determined to pack lightly for this trip. For a multitude of reasons, but largely because we knew we'd be happier, moving every few days if we didn't have a giant bag to deal with.

While I couldn't completely give up the over-packer that is a part of me, I can successfully say that I can carry everything I've packed! Sure, the bag is quite full, meaning that finding treasures may cause some struggles, but I've done better than I feel I've ever done before.

So, when you see the same clothing items in my pictures over and over again, you'll know I planned it that way!

1 comment:

  1. Proud of you! I have the same goal for my Nicaragua trip!!

    ReplyDelete