Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Southward

For two weeks now, I've been traveling north and west. Although my journey is far from over, today I turned southward. I had gone about as far north as I could have without going into Canada (and of course I also went into Canada!), so it was now time to turn southward.

Saying goodbye to two wonderful friends, ones that live far away from me, was difficult, but setting off on a new adventure is always exciting. 

On my travels today, I passed by a lavendar farm and decided to take advantage of a free schedule and stop. Lavendar is my very favorite color, and so my love for the plant may actually tie more to the color than the fragrance, but who can complain about that sweet scent? The rows of purple flowers were truly buzzing with bees, moving around from plant to plant busy as well, bees. I even got to pick some of my very own to freshen my car as well!


I crossed the border into Oregon today, a state I'm not sure I had been in before. I'm staying in Portland for the next two nights, very eager to catching up with friends. Tonight I'm thrilled to be staying with Marie, a fellow Pell Citian who now resides here. If you read one of my first posts from the trip, you heard about how important my church and youth group were to me. Marie's dad was my youth minister, and she and I enjoyed many fine mission trips together.

Marie and I ca 2001

We could not figure out when the last time we saw each other was; it quit possibly could have been ten years. It was wonderful to hear more about her life here in Portland, while sitting outside and listening to Irish music at a local pub. There was so much to catch up on: friends, family, jobs, Auburn football, travels and lives after college. What a treat to get to catch up after so many years!


Miles traveled: 167
Gallons of gas purchased: 0

Hours in the car: 5
States: Washington and Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment